Sea Dream

Freedom to see more, sail more and learn more.

05 August 2011 | Panzance
28 July 2011 | Falmouth
24 July 2011 | Fowey
23 July 2011 | Feowey
20 July 2011 | Salcombe
19 July 2011 | Dartmouth
17 July 2011 | Dartmouth
30 April 2011 | Gosport
25 March 2011 | Gosport
23 August 2010 | Back home in Gosport
23 August 2010 | St Peter Port
23 August 2010 | St-Cast-Le-Guildo
23 August 2010 | Binic
11 August 2010 | Pontrieux
06 August 2010 | St Peter Port
31 July 2010 | Dartmouth - Kingswear
26 July 2010 | Teignmouth
23 July 2010 | Brixham
09 July 2010 | Cowes and back

Peaceful mooring

20 July 2011 | Salcombe
No wind , gray and overcast
Currently on a very peaceful mooring buoy at the Bag, Salcombe.

Monday 18 July 2011
The weather was still very unsettled and no boats left the marina although 2 French boats arrived.

We spent the morning doing chores like a weeks worth of washing and work, all rather boring.

After lunch we had a walk along side the steam railway line to the higher car ferry where we crossed the river to the Dartmouth side.

We had a look round the shops before stopping for afternoon cream tea at 'The Singing Kettle' all very nice.

We retuned back to Sea Dream via the low car ferry.

In the evening we ate onboard.

Tuesday 19 July 2011
A brighter day and by the time we got up several of our neighbouring yachts had departed and the visitors area look very empty.

Claire went over on the car ferry to Dartmouth for food supplies.
While on the ferry there was a accident. A car at the front of the ferry (right beside Claire)had not put it's hand brake on, moved forward and pined a female foot passenger against the gate. The staff were very helpful. One chap helped the lady off as well as asking the car to pull over to one side. One of the passengers phoned for an ambulance on his mobile. It looked like her leg was caught by the front bumper of the car.

Claire did her shopping and returned a little shaken up from her experience.

After lunch we departed for Salcombe. The wind was northwesterly at 15 knots and we sailed along just under the jib.

After Start Point the wind went round the West and with only the jib we could not make the course we needed to get into Salcombe. When we were only 3 miles to windward from the entrance to Salcombe we put the engine on and motored the rest of the way.

On arrival in Salcombe the Harbour Master met us and allocated up a mooring buoy which is a little bit out of the way and does not have very good TV or mobile phone coverage which makes all for a very peaceful and quiet location.

It was that quiet we all slept until 08:30 Wednesday morning.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Dream
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 32
Hailing Port: Gosport, England
Crew: Crew: Bob & Claire
About: Bob - Ye old Sea Dog. Claire - Keeps old sea dog on short lead!
Extra: We do not sail if:- Strong winds are forecast - Rain is forecast - Fog is forecast - Rough weather is forecast - Or it is night... However, we have done them all!!

Sea Dream

Who: Crew: Bob & Claire
Port: Gosport, England