Seaforth - The Holiday of a Lifetime

A pair of Kiwis who realised that life isn't a dress rehearsal and its time to go see the world.

01 July 2017 | Susui, Vanua Balavu, Fiji
12 June 2017 | Port Maurelle, Vava'u
10 June 2017 | Ha'apai Beach Resort, Pangai
09 June 2017 | Ha'apai, Tonga
04 June 2017 | North Minerva Reef
02 June 2017 | South Minerva Reef
10 May 2017 | Orokawa Bay, Bay of Islands
02 May 2017 | Opua, NZ
26 April 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands
26 April 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands
09 April 2017 | Urupukapuka Island, Bay of Islands
05 April 2017 | Gulf Harbour
24 March 2017
08 February 2017
25 January 2017
23 January 2017
22 April 2014
22 December 2013 | Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island, NZ
21 December 2013 | Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island, NZ
20 December 2013 | Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island

Counting the days

05 April 2017 | Gulf Harbour
Steve
OK, so we're now counting down the days until departure from our marina berth at Gulf Harbour. We have rented out the berth from mid April and need to be out so thought we'd sail up to the Bay of Islands to do our final preparations.

The weather is a bit variable at the moment but it looks like we'll be leaving on Sunday (9th April) or Monday (10th April). We want to get northward before we get hit with a bunch of northerly sector winds.

The final jobs are being ticked off but there's still plenty to do. The latest has been to have full heart health checks at a specialist cardiologists today, including resting ECG, stress ECG and ultra sound imaging of the heart at rest and under stress. All fine for both of us and passed with flying colours. One less thing to worry about.

We're planning to be checking in to Yachts in Transit on a regular basis. For those who wish to follow us you can find our posts at this link (https://www.yit.nz/yacht/seaforth?qt-page=1) and subscribe by clicking the link and entering your email address. When we update you'll get an alert emailed to you.
Comments
Vessel Name: Seaforth
Vessel Make/Model: Davidson 47
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Steve & Ade
About: So we're a couple in our 40s and we've decided to abandon a responsible life with careers and stuff, sell the farm and the cars and go sailing instead. Stuff it, I might die before I get to retire so let's have fun now .... there might be time to work later.
Extra: Oh yeah ... we've got 2 dogs as well .... border collies (cute!). That's gonna make life interesting on a boat isn't it? Oh and in case you were wondering, that isn't a photo of either of us in the string vest ... or anyone we know either.
Social:

Seaforth

Who: Steve & Ade
Port: Auckland, New Zealand