24 September 2018
In Pasadena, MD to wait for better weather. Updated.Read below \/
Left the C&D canal Sunday morning in the rain. Heard reports of debris in the water from a floodgate opening of the Susquehanna River. There were numerous logs and branches on the way. Easily avoided at the 5 knot speed we were traveling. Arrived at our destination about half an hour early (good current). We are waiting out the weather in Pasadena, MD in Chesapeake Bay. Our temporary place of residence is Ventnor Marina on Bodkin Creek. The manager is Craig Westphal and he has opened up the marina club house with a kitchen, couches and a TV for us to stay while we wait for Mother Nature. It appears that our departure date will be this Friday, September 28th. Until then we will suffer through these last days of September (it's 79 degrees today).