07 November 2018
IC 11/07 – Made it to Charleston SC. Planned on leaving anchorage at 8:30 after some coffee and breakfast. Heard commotion at 6AM some were already pulling their anchors and leaving. Inhaled my breakfast and poured coffee into my thermos and left the anchorage last at 7:36 AM. Easy trip with some current helping until reaching Charleston Bay then slow trip up the bay (3.5 knots) to the Charleston Maritime Center where we are staying for three nights. Even though they left early, the other boats had to wait to get into their assigned docks. We timed it right and they were ready for us when we arrived.
Tuesday’s trip down the IC was also delayed for the larger boats, they had to wait for the tide to get high enough for their passage through the McClellanville Flats. With our 4 foot draw (bottom of the keel) we had no problem. Anchorage was easy with plenty of room for all. A little current and some rain at night was all that we experienced.
Received a call from Ann and expect to see her on Thursday, may even take some pictures of Charleston.