Riding the Waves on Seahorse

Layover Day

Last night we talked about going to St. Michaels after doing some laundry and shopping here (they provide a courtesy van). However Ed, having woken up at 0400 and realizing the hurricane in the Gulf was going to be around us later in the week and that the easiest place for Cara to catch a flight back home would be in Norfolk we decided that we'd cruise the Chesapeake until Friday. Having made this decision we stayed in Rock Hall and did some maintenance, laundry and mild provisioning.

Tom found the problem with the bow thruster - one of the wires was not attached to the charger. He also fixed the compass on auto pilot. Ed cleaned the bilge, Cara and I did the laundry and then we took the van into town to buy what was on our list of 'can't live without'! Bought some food, essentials like a bucket and a new shower head for the forward cabin; clothes hangers; non skid for the drawers and the satellite receiver (it fell out during our run up the Delaware River), etc. and of course the most can't live without food ICE CREAM and chocolate sauce!

We had lunch upon our return and then Tom and Ed changed out the wipers on the front windshield - 4" longer and stainless! Cara laid down for a rest and Tom hung some hanging nets in the forward cabin for another place to put things (glass cases; magazines...) I read but dozed on and off; Ed decided to lay down for a nap, Cara got up and Tom continued to work - this time putting non skid under the TV components so they would stay put.

I started dinner - tacos and once we were all awake we had drinks and the dinner. After dinner we had banana splits that were delicious! Watched some TV and the one by one said good night- it was 2030. Long but good day with much accomplished. We will head to St. Michaels in the morning.
P.S. - check out the Gallery on the blog page to see pictures

Comments