Riding the Waves on Seahorse

Norfolk, VA

Up at 730. The nasty weather was predicted to arrive here after 1100 so we wanted to fuel up and then travel approximately 12 miles south to Waterside Marina which is just before mile 0 of the ICW. We left BlueWater around 1045 and arrived at Waterside 1330. On our way we passed the naval shipyard and several ships, aircraft carriers, etc. Ed was very knowledgeable of the area and it was interesting hearing him describe the various area we passed.

The winds picked up as we were entering the marina and we were glad to get into the slip and secure the lines. We had lunch and then decided to go for a walk before the rain came. Of course as we were beginning our walk it started to sprinkle so we opted to go back to the boat. Walking back we bumped into a long time friend of Ed's, Sid and he came back to the boat for a chat.

The sun came out, the wind picked up and the temps warmed up. After Sid left we took a walk around downtown Norfolk. We stopped back at Waterside and ordered pizzas for dinner that we would pick up at 6:45. Back to the boat for drinks. We had some conversation and then Cara said she was going to bed. Tom then suggested we have some ice cream with crushed Oreos. Mmmmm! Cara stayed and had some too. Ed, Tom and Cynthia talked about what we would do tomorrow and then to bed.

Comments