Riding the Waves on Seahorse

Touring Norfolk, VA

Rained last night and we woke up to a cold and windy day. Had a leisurely breakfast of eggs and English muffins. After cleaning up, we bundled up and walked over to the Nauticus museum. This houses the battleship Missouri. Unfortunately the museum was closed however the battleships 2nd and 3rd levels were available for touring. As we walked out to the ship we buttoned up our coats and put up our hoods (at least Cara and I had our hoods up). The ship was very interesting and I have posted several pictures of what we saw.

After our self tour we decide to go back to the boat and order some pork/coleslaw sandwiches from a favorite haunt of Cara's and Ed's - Doumar's. Apparently the atmosphere is something to see, however with the COVID we opted to order online and have it delivered.

While Cara and Ed returned to the boat, Tom and I walked to Dillard's dept. store to look for placemats and a can opener. It was sad to walk in and see the store virtually empty. We went to housewares and found both items that we needed. We also noticed they sold the Nespresso machine and when we asked if they also sold the pods the clerk said no. We told her we were on a boat traveling to FL and we were drinking a little more coffee and would like to get more. She said we had pods for demoing but since COVID they weren't doing that. She went in the back and came out with 4 boxes of the pods. Because they were used for demos they didn't scan for a price so she just gave them to us - free of charge. What a deal!

Back to boat for the pulled pork sandwiches and French fries. This turned out to be our lunch and dinner. Ed hosed off the boat and did some cleaning outside. Cara, Tom and Cynthia played two games of Rummikub - Cara won both games!

Around 1800 Ed's former stepson Whitney came for a visit. We all wore our masks, socially distanced and had a pleasant evening talking and reminiscing. After he left we popped some popcorn, had cheese and crackers and chatted before going to bed. Cara will leave in the morning by 7:30 to fly back home. You will be missed.

Comments