Riding the Waves on Seahorse

Lots of this and that

Two days in a row we woke to blue skies and cold temps. - 41 degrees. Fruit and cereal for breakfast, check the oil in the engines and departed at 7:05. The plan is to make it to Southport, NC approx. 90 miles.

Lots of large and beautiful homes, lots of long docks into the water, lots of no wake zones and lots of bridges along this portion of the ICW. However of the 9 bridges we only needed to have 2 open. We passed under the Figure Eight swing bridge at 2:05 and the next bridge at Wrightsville opens on the hour. We slowed slightly so we wouldn't have to float to long before going through however we arrived about 2:25. We decided then that we wouldn't proceed to Southport since we wouldn't get there till dark.

Pulled into Wrightsville Beach Marina and tied up on the face-dock at 3:05. Unfortunately it was $4.00 a foot - yikes! Tom calculated that we traveled 62.9 nm in 8hr. 44min. averaging 7.91 nmph.

We made ourselves some drinks, Ed washed the boat and Tom and Cynthia turned on the TV to begin to follow the election.

Decided to order out at Poe’s Tavern for burgers, salads and fries - delicious! Brought back to boat and continued to watch the election coverage. I know we’d all like to stay up to see the results but I don’t think we’ll be able to. Guess we’ll be pleasantly surprised or horribly disappointed.

Comments