Riding the Waves on Seahorse

Speed up, Slow down, speed up, slow down

Up at 6:00 and left the dock at 7:40 headed to Myrtle Beach. It was 44 degrees when we woke up but quickly warmed up and we were able
to shed our jackets and put on short sleeve shirts (maybe later even shorts).

On this leg of the our trip we continue to see many beautiful homes with long docks. We've also noticed new builds of docks, probably due to the hurricanes that have recently hit NC. As in previous days we see dolphins (mainly around the inlets) that like to follow the boat and jump the wake.

6 bridges to pass under in NC - all fixed and 65'. Passing into SC the only bridge needed to be open was 7' high and because a boat was in front of us we didn't need to call but pass right through. It was very slow going with the no wake zones and currents [at times only doing 6.5 kts.). We were trying to get a little further to Osprey marina at mile marker 373 but stopped at Marina at Grand Dunes. As Ed was making the approach he lost the port side engine and couldn't get it started again. Using his bow thruster we limped into the marina bow first. Throwing our bow line to the man on the dock he was able to secure it on the cleat. We were now perpendicular to the dock. Tom threw him a stern line and he was able to bring us in. Whew! Good job Ed and crew!

Once all secure and checked in Tom and Ed did some troubleshooting. While Ed was in the engine room Tom hit the switches and both engines started several times. Although they really didn't find anything major they think there my be an issue with the cellenoid.

Had drinks and munchies, continued to watch the election coverage while Cynthia made Cara's recipe of chicken piccata - it turned out well and all cleaned their plates. Once Ed cleaned up the dishes we finished the meal with our now famous banana splits!

We are hoping to get to McClellanville, SC about 80 miles from here. All together we traveled 65.59 nm in 8 hrs. 14 min. Averaging 7.5 mph


Comments