Riding the Waves on Seahorse

One more day closer to Florida

Up at 6:00 watched more election updates (nothing new yet), had cereal, coffee, and English muffins. Left dock at 7:45 and proceeded to the next marina to get fuel and a pump out. Took on 305 gal. Left fuel dock at 8:45. It was a little testy leaving the dock with wind and current pushing us into the dock

Current was behind us by Hilton Head and we had a boost of 1.5kts. Most of this portion of the ICW is wide and has a decent depth. As we were crossing the Savannah River a large cargo ship was coming up the channel so we needed to wait until he passed before we could cross over and continue down the ICW.

Continuing down we had traveled 55 miles by 2:00 so decided to continue on for awhile longer. Ed found a marina called Sunbury Crab Co. & Marina on the Medway river - we called and they had room. The Waterway Guide called it funky and groovy!

For the last 2 hours we were dodging rain showers all around us. Because of this we also saw multiple segments of rainbows. The marina is 7 miles up the river and of course the current was against us. In spite of this we arrived around 5:00pm and of course it started to sprinkle. We had put our lines and fenders on the starboard side however the current and winds were such that Ed couldn't maneuver well so we moved them to port. It blew us in and luckily we had people on the dock to catch our lines.

The rain stopped shortly after and we settled in. Once Ed got back from checking in we settled in for drinks and munchies and celebrated the announcement of the election of Joe Biden to the presidency!!

We traveled 80.34nm in 9 hrs. 22 min. averaging 8.57nm/hr.

Comments