22 November 2010
So, you may not want to read yet another lament about my travails with the installation of davits on Sea Sharp but as they say, "suck it up". There having been absolutely no progress on this complicated and expensive project as described in my last post, I have been getting quite discouraged. Judy and Chopin remain in New Jersey waiting for launch and other than the davit's the boat is ready for the water. But, I can't seem to get the boat yard's attention. So, when I got up this morning, I decided it was showdown time.
I talk to the marina manager and inform her that despite my best efforts to expedite the process, there has been no progress and I can't wait any longer and have to abandon my plans in favour of launching and moving on. The installer came to the boat shortly and gave me his commitment to get on with it and have things ready for a Friday launch. I agreed on the condition that he would give me his word to get crackin'. And he did. The first order of business was to remove the bimini and dismantle all of the gear off the stern of the boat. So, refer to the picture from the last post, "delayed davits" to see what the stern looked like before the denuding we undertook. This picture for this post shows the stern with no stainless parts mounted but now on the ground under the boat. We're now beyond the point of no return........