Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Life on Board Sea Sharp

05 December 2010
So, now that we're launched, we're settling into our cruising life; or at least the preparatory phase. We are on a mooring in Stuart, which as I've proclaimed in the past, is a great place to stage in preparation for moving south or east. We know lots of people here whom we've met in the past and meet lots more. The marina is first class and they know how to attract and sustain cruisers. Stuart is a fine place with every conceivable store and service and there are many restaurants of varying calibres.

We've been very busy provisioning the boat and it's great that we have our vehicle here so we can transport the many, many grocery bags down to the dinghy. We share our vehicle with other cruisers who would do the same for us if the situation was reversed; we're glad to oblige.

There's lots of music around and we listened to a couple of different bands today and had a few dances to a really cool jazz combo at the Sailors' Return, the upscale restaurant on the site of our Marina.

Weather here has been pleasant during the day but cold at night; but not as cold as last year (yet). We're almost finished our provisioning (good thing as there's no more room on board for anything). So, when we hear there's a window on the horizon, we can quickly leave to head to West Palm, Fort Lauderdale or Miami to exit for the crossing to Bahamas.

Here's a shot of Judy and Chopin in their mid-day repose in the main cabin; its not all work.....
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada