Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Leaving Bahamas

16 April 2009
So, in our last message, "Nassau Redux", I reported that we had moved to a Marina, Nassau Harbour Club and expected to be stuck here a few days because of heavy winds and lumpy seas. Well, as it turns out, we spend a week at this marina; way longer than we expected and hard on the budget (remember, it cost about $75 US a night to tie up and, of course, you are closer to shopping and stuff so money flows like the Gulf Stream).

We meet lots of folks on the docks and it begins to feel like home. I go for a couple of runs, not having run very much at all in the last two months or so. We stock and prepare the boat for the journey back to the US and now are anxious to get underway.

So, on Sunday, some ten days after arriving in Nassau and after a week at the marina, we decide to start our trip back. We plan a different route home than the over. Our planned trip is to leave Nassau and head over to Frazier's Hog Cay in the Berry Islands, then across Little Bahama Bank to Bimini, then finally, across the Gulf Stream to Lake Worth/Palm Beach. Lots of folks do some or all of this in one fell swoop by doing over-nighters but we're travelling alone and have enough time that we can do it in day, albeit long day, trips.

While we are anxious to leave Nassau and get on with our journey, we are sad to leave the Bahamas; the warm waters, beautiful scenery, great people and exciting lifestyle.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada