Ready to go!

27 September 2009 | Fort Myers Beach
24 September 2009
28 June 2009 | Fort Myers, FL

cayman the salty dog

27 September 2009 | Fort Myers Beach
We almost stayed home today because the weather was looking a little bad. Storms out in the Gulf seemed to be moving in. We figured we'd drive out to the beach and if it seemed like a bad idea to go out, we'd just head to dog beach for a little while and at least get something out of the day.

But..... even though it was raining as we stopped to get ice and lunch at the store on the way out, we decided to just go for it. Sooooo glad we made that choice. We were dodging showers for much of the day, but thats OK because along with the storms was WIND!! Last weekend, our first day back out was miserably hot and dead calm. So today was awesome. There were lots of others out sailing, and we finally felt like real sailors today! We were heeling quite a bit, and moving along at about 4 or 5 knots, pretty good for us. It's been awhile, so luckily my brother was along and providing a great refresher course. Everything came back pretty quickly, and I don't ever want there to be a gap in sailing ever again where I actually begin to forget everything.

So overall, a great day. Lincy and her puppy Ralph came along with us and we all had a great time. Ralph, only 3 months old and still getting his sea legs, fell off the boat, which was pretty funny. And Adam lost his hat as the boom swept by and he jumped overboard to retreive it. It was then that we realized that we were actually moving at a pretty good pace :)

Cayman has been an avid motorboat dog for years now, but he's new to sailing. He doens't like the rolling at anchor, but he seems to be more comfortable on the boat now. He's getting maybe too comfortable jumping from cockpit to deck and back....
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Helson 22'
Hailing Port: Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Home Page: www.myspace.com/beachbaby6365

Port: Fort Myers Beach, Florida