SeaSwift is now on hard in Port Charlotte, FL , ..............................

PLEASE VISIT THE "GALLERY" TO VIEW ADDITONAL PICTURES!

25 March 2024 | Bimini back to Marathon
17 March 2024 | Marathon, Boot Key Harbor, FL
12 March 2024 | Marathon, FL
08 March 2024 | Key West
25 February 2024 | MarVista Anchorage
17 February 2024 | Still MarVista
08 February 2024 | MarVista Anchorage
04 February 2024 | Mar Vista, Longboat Key, Florida
27 January 2024 | Bradenton, FL
01 June 2023 | Snead Island Slip
31 May 2023
20 May 2023 | Longboat Key, Florida
07 May 2023 | Isla Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
06 May 2023 | Isla Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
29 April 2023 | Isla Providencia, Columbia
17 April 2023 | Isla Providencia, Columbia
06 April 2023 | ARUBA!
04 April 2023 | ARUBA!
01 April 2023 | ARUBA!

Mill Town Sailing Association/ Everett Sea Scouts

20 November 2019 | Port of Everett, WA
Barry Bartholomew | 40 degrees, overcast and drizzle...lol
Hello All!
It has been a very crazy fall, heading into winter, in the Pacific NW for this sailor. Most challenging process for me has been dispersing of my accumulation of 45 years of stuff! Amazing what one can collect if you have a shop big enough to store most anything and NEVER have to throw anything away.....EVER! All this work is in preparation for selling my NW home this coming spring 2020.
One collection that blossomed beyond my imagination is my nautical library. Over the years I have collected books on yacht design, building techniques, navigation, sail boat racing, tactics, cruising to distance shores and of course non fiction novels on adventures on the sea, survival and on and on. Didn't take a final tally but a number of years ago a very close friend did an Excel spreadsheet on the grouping and at that time 227 books were listed. I didn't stop dragging books home at that place in time for sure. When I rounded them up to pass on there were 15 boxes of books and a sextant in the stack!! I have read every single book once some twice and a few more. Sucking up the sense of adventure and the knowledge these books have provided which has served me well on my own adventures....and still is!
The wonderful thing that has been surprisingly gratifying has been passing on things I have had a great passion for. There are a number of stories how certain things have gone to the most deserving recipient possible.
Tonight I donated my Sailing Library to the Everett Mill Town Sailing Association who in turn supports the Everett Sea Scouts. I have been a continuing blind patron to the Sea Scouts for almost 9 years now.
After communicating with different members of the club and Pam the Commodore of Mill Town, we decided for me to drop off the gift on the evening of the Sea Scouts meeting. They could help carry the boxes into the club house and get the first opportunities to peruse thru the books for those they might like to read and check them out. The collection will substantially augment the clubs existing library that they check out to members and Scouts. After the Scouts carried the books in I was given the opportunity to speak to the Scouts by Paul the Scout Master. The club is set up similar to the Girl & Boy Scouts with the mission to teach seamanship to co-ed teenagers thru classroom and on the water experience.
What a grateful, attentive group of young people they are! A little over a dozen were on hand for the meeting. All were dressed appropriately and well mannered, how refreshing! The group camaraderie was also very evident and playful.
Something to really feel good about in these crazy times we are in...Amen...
Barry_/)

A late stay this year, fly out for the Bungalow on this coming Monday the 25th of November.

Comments
Vessel Name: SEASWIFT
Vessel Make/Model: Southern Cross 35 Cutter
Hailing Port: Center Island, WA
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/seaswift/
SEASWIFT's Photos - Main
23 Photos
Created 7 April 2024
18 Photos
Created 7 April 2024
16 Photos
Created 23 March 2024
11 Photos
Created 12 March 2024
18 Photos
Created 8 March 2024
staging for Bahamas departure
18 Photos
Created 4 February 2024
SLIP and re-fit pictures
9 Photos
Created 31 May 2023
photos from Isla Mujeres to Bradenton leg
9 Photos
Created 19 May 2023
13 Photos
Created 7 May 2023
32 Photos
Created 30 March 2023
5 Photos
Created 29 March 2023
45 Photos
Created 23 March 2023
13 Photos
Created 2 March 2023
5 Photos
Created 9 February 2023
1 Photo
Created 7 January 2023
Misc
17 Photos
Created 24 February 2020