29 March 2015 | East Wallabi Island
25 March 2015 | Pelsaert Group
20 March 2015 | Jurien Bay
19 March 2015 | Mandurah WA
23 February 2015 | Mandurah
07 September 2008 | Mandurah
21 March 2008
23 December 2007
10 November 2007
15 October 2007
31 August 2007
28 August 2007
25 August 2007
17 August 2007
17 August 2007

Quindalup 2005

29 December 2005
South for the summer, well Xmas and new years anyway. On the first day I sailed Salimony down to Bunbury, the following day on to Quindalup in company with Graham on Harlequin. The family drove down, 25 - 30 knots of wind forecasted didn't suit the boys!! Crossing the bay was excellent after the strong winds from the previous day, I was able to put down a pillow on the foredeck and spend the afternoon reading whilst sailing along at 6 knots in light breezes.

Dawesville Return

07 December 2005 | Off Mandurah
Riley and I had a slow return from Dawesville, we had to punch into 20 knots and associated sea heading south, heading home we had very little wind, at least we kept dry and warm!! This is a late photo from our Dawesville cruise. Off to Quindalup for Xmas next.

Dawesville Cruise

12 November 2005 | Dawesville
The first day of the cruising season started with an overnight stay at Dawesville. Although only a short distance from Mandurah, Dawesville offers a great little marina with a restaurant. As is normal for this time of the year, the south-westerly was blowing causing a beat to windward. Riley was my only crewmember this time, Tom was off playing basketball and then competing in a fun run. About 20 min into the cruise a wave hit us on the side sending water over the front and saturating Riley and I. Riley (9 yrs old) wasn't too happy, he pondered the situation and decided to go below and hop into his sleeping bag!! Once warm and changed he was back on deck for then entrance into Dawesville. The 6 yachts from Mandurah rafted up for the night and had an enjoyable evening. The following day we sailed back with only 4-5 knots of breeze from aft. Riley took the helm and was captain for the day. Yachts in company included Proceeds of Crime, Summer Pudding, Harlequin, Lotus II, Gandolf and Salimony. The above photo is looking out of the Cut towards the Indian Ocean.

Tom and Crew

21 October 2005 | Rottnest Island
Here is the eldest, Tom, with our crew/mascot. The weather at Rotto was colder than expected and I don't think Tom took off that jacket for a whole week.

Rotto Before the Storm

20 October 2005 | Rottnest Island
This is Thompson Bay before the cold fronts came through. Traffic Jam took the prime position at the fuel jetty, Salimony is the only other boat on the moorings, the following day I ended up at the fuel jetty as well.
Vessel Name: Diamond Life
Vessel Make/Model: Joubert & Nivelt
Hailing Port: Western Australia
Crew: Tim Donkin