Seeking Adventure

25 March 2019 | MOW
14 January 2019 | Sister's Creek- JAX
10 December 2018 | St. Mary's GA
12 March 2018 | Man O War
15 December 2017 | St. Marys GA
29 April 2017 | Whittier, NC
14 April 2017
23 February 2017 | Man-O-War
12 February 2017 | Man-O-War Abacos
26 January 2017 | Green Turtle Cay
04 January 2017 | Velcro Beach
31 October 2016 | St. Mary's, GA
27 April 2016 | NC
09 March 2016 | Green Turtle Cay , Abacos
04 January 2016 | Vero still
27 November 2015 | Vero
06 November 2015 | WNC
05 April 2015 | Titusville
20 March 2015

MOW

23 February 2017 | Man-O-War
Kathy/after the storm
Here we are, still at MOW Cay. It's the best deal in town, especially to wait out the weekly cold fronts. Last night we had winds in the upper 30's 36-39 were reported. We put up the riding sail yesterday and that really helped seeker from painting back and forth on the mooring. We also brought our anchors up on deck and that helped keep the noise down and chafing on the mooring lines. The anchors would "CLUNK" every time the tension shifted to the opposite line. Saturday was the MOW Flea Market to benefit the Primary School and there was a huge turnout. Lots of folks from neighboring islands filled the town for food and fun and hopefully raised lots of money for the school. On Sunday we took the ferry over to Hope Town to catch the last day of the song writer's festival. The music we heard was great and we got to catch up with Narsillion, but the venue was not prepared for so big a turnout so the food was slow in coming and the squall with torrential rain and 30 mph winds put a damper on things! We left the harbor earlier in the week to go out sailing. Dean and Susan from Autumn Borne came along on Seeker and we had a great 3 hour sail. We have to leave and enter the harbor (and pretty much every harbor here in the Abacos) at or near high tide, so timing is critical. We swam around the boat one afternoon and cleaned the bottom of some fine growth. We find time to do a project a day AND play Bocce Ball! If Troika was here they could school us on the finer points of Bocce! Dan on SV Gertie established the Bahamas Bocce League and he and I (Kath) were champions for a few days until Earl and Dawn beat us. Unfortunately, Natalie Jane (Lee and Jeanne) have already crossed back to the US in anticipation of a new grandbaby so we aren't doing our daily 3 mile walks! Miss them! And our buds on Dalmation are across the Sea of Abaco in Treasure Cay. They finally found a spot where they could fit the Big Dog into and will stay there for the next month. As soon as this front passes, we plan to get over that way for a day or two to catch up with them. It looks like the rain has stopped, the sun is out, so it must be time for Bocce and a walk!.
Comments
Vessel Name: Seeker
Vessel Make/Model: O'Day 39
Hailing Port: Washington, NC/ Whittier, NC
Crew: Earl and Kathy
About: We live in the beautiful mountains of NC, but we're ready to seek adventure aboard our 1985 O'Day 39 SEEKER. RETIRED, 6 months on Seeker, 6 months on land.
Seeker's Photos - Main
44 Photos
Created 25 March 2019
final boat projects and launch to CI
11 Photos
Created 14 January 2019
pre-launch projects 18-19 season
10 Photos
Created 10 December 2018
13 Photos
Created 12 March 2018
4 Photos
Created 15 December 2017
5 Photos
Created 14 April 2017
No Photos
Created 14 April 2017
12 Photos
Created 23 February 2017