Serendipity's Journeys

07 July 2013 | Ashland OR
06 July 2013 | Medford, OR
05 July 2013 | Rogue River, Oregon
01 July 2013 | California
29 June 2013 | Redwood City, CA
20 June 2013 | California
22 April 2013 | Green Cove Springs, Florida
10 April 2013 | Fernandina
06 April 2013 | Nassau Harbor, Bahamas
26 March 2013 | Big Major
26 March 2013 | Big Major, Bahamas
25 March 2013 | Rocky Dundas
24 March 2013 | O'Brien's Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2013 | Exuma Sound
22 March 2013 | Exuma Sound

Leaving Green Cove- By CAR

22 April 2013 | Green Cove Springs, Florida
LDZ
Well, when we originally planned this trip, it seemed that a week would be PLENTY of time to get the boat ready to haul and store for a few months while we go to CA to help mom. Turns out, this was not so.

We had originally hoped to get hauled and have storage with power, so we could run a dehumidifier. However, such a thing was not possible, so instead, we rented a storage unit and spent the last few days packing everything that could get mildew damage (charts, books, clothes, electronics- well really everything!) off the boat and into the storage unit.

Then change the oil, the ATF, fix the bilge pump. Clean and wax the hull. Wash every line. Run all the halyards up the mast with messenger lines to prevent UV damage. Take off all canvas. The list goes on. And on. And on....

It is the 10:00 pm the night before we are being hauled and we are just now doing the last load of laundry. We rented a car and will drive ourselves, Maggie and our sails up to NJ. When washing the sails, we noted several tears and some de-lamination that needs attention from our buddies at Quantum Sails in Bristol.

Well, at least we have been so busy that we haven't had time to be sad that we are leaving our boat for the next few months. It has been a marvelous trip and we hope to get back to it in the fall. Time will tell.

So, here ends the sailing blog for the next little while. To all our cruising buddies, stay safe, enjoy the life and we hope to catch up with you later! And it will be in a much cleaner boat! To our friends from home, See You Soon!

Happy trails.
Comments
Vessel Name: Serendipity
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 38.8
Hailing Port: Tiverton, RI
Crew: Lynn Zemlin, Lee Trimble & Boat Dog Maggie
About: Finally arrived in the Bahamas - Destination 1 achieved.
Extra: OH NO! Is it REALLY time to leave already?
Home Page: ldzemlin@gmail.com

Who: Lynn Zemlin, Lee Trimble & Boat Dog Maggie
Port: Tiverton, RI