THE ADVENTURES OF S/V SERENITY AND HER CREW

10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
03 June 2015
03 June 2015
03 June 2015

Chillin' in PV

27 May 2015
May 3, 2015 Chillin' in PV



OK, we should have ignored the time share hawkers at the airport in Puerto Vallarta, and the looks I got from the Admiral (Sherry) should have told me not to talk to them, but I am a sucker. When we both were working I would not have given any of my free time to those guys—but we had plenty of time, and I really wanted to know about the Paradise Village property and how the time share deal worked. So, they paid for our taxi ride to the hotel, breakfast the next day, a town tour, a dinner show called Rhythms of the Night, our taxi ride back to the airport, and a bottle of tequila—all for about two hours of our time. I thought it was a good deal, and we actually considered buying in—for about two minutes until we looked on line at some of the complaints and resales of the time shares. But we had fun and they did not hound us once we said no.
One of the best memories we had of PV was the food. One of the restaurants we wanted to revisit was a great shrimp place right on the Malecon—it was now a Senor Frogs. But one of the time share guys told us of a restaurant called Pipi's which was three blocks off the Malecon. It was awesome! We also remembered (which is good at our age) a restaurant in La Cruz called Tacos del Calle—which means tacos of the street. They actually put some tables out into the street, but we prefer sitting inside. They serve great carne asada tacos for about $1.50 each. When we were there six years ago, we had to bring our own beers as they did not serve alcohol—so I brought a couple of Pacificos. They told me I could not drink my own beers as they now serve alcohol—no problemo. The tacos were too good as we waddled out into the small town of La Cruz—great memories, but we missed our cruising buddies that were with us in 2010.
We stayed five days in PV reliving good times and enjoying the Mexican people and food. We had to get to Ensenada by May 9th to greet Serenity, so on May 8th we flew on AeroMexico from Puerto Vallarta to Mexico City and then another flight to Tijuana—'the most visited city in the world', and a very scary place. From Tijuana we had to take a bus for a hour and a half ride to Ensenada—what an adventure!
Comments
Vessel Name: serenity
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 52 Deck Salon
Hailing Port: Ventura/Mammoth Lakes California
Crew: SHERRY AND GORDON CORNETT
About: ON AN ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME--LEARNING,LOVING,EXPERIENCING LIFE TOGETHER.
Extra: FOLLOW US AS WE TRAVEL THE SEAS OF THE WORLD.
serenity's Photos - Main
La Cruz
5 Photos
Created 3 March 2010

THE CREW OF SERENITY

Who: SHERRY AND GORDON CORNETT
Port: Ventura/Mammoth Lakes California