Samjakeian

21 March 2010
21 March 2010
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009
20 November 2009 | SW Shore, Nova Scotia
13 April 2009
13 April 2009
13 April 2009
13 April 2009
13 April 2009
07 April 2009 | Jensen Beach, Fl.
07 April 2009 | Jensen Beach
07 April 2009

Good Bye Cheema

31 March 2009
S.
Our last few days at the Camp were busy and entertaining. Friday afternoon we went to the canal and watched the athletes on the water and then of course there was the bonfire and party Friday evening. Sunday evening was the Annual Talent Show. We were entertained with music, dancing, rap, poetry, slide shows and some damn good acting! We've haven't laughed so hard in a while. Congratulations to Evan and Josh who won 1st prize for their rap performance. To our surprise the kids presented us with a framed picture of the whole group and a restaurant gift certificate. What a nice gesture, the picture will always be a reminder of our month long adventure here at Potsdam.

Before cooking our last breakfast yesterday, we went to watch the kids being locked through the canal. In the pictures that will follow, note the difference in water levels after they enter the lock and while exiting.

Yesterday afternoon we said our good byes. The majority of the athletes will head home this morning and a smaller group will continue on to Melbourne for an additional 2 weeks training. As I said in the beginning, these are a great group of kids and the parents should all be very proud. Almost every single one made it a point to say thank-you after every meal and there was always a hug from Mark S. This experience was trying at times but we have no regrets. We will always think fondly of the Cheema athletes and will have lots of stories to tell when we get home.

Comments
Vessel Name: Samjakeian
Vessel Make/Model: MT 44' Trawler
Hailing Port: AYC, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crew: Bill and Sheila
About: Capt. Bill & the"Queen" Sheila.Our boat is named after our three grandsons, Sam, Jake and Ian and we cruise the coasts of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Who: Bill and Sheila
Port: AYC, Halifax, Nova Scotia