S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

Second big leg completed

28 May 2011 | Santa Rosalia, B.C.S, Mexico
Steve
We arrived in Santa Rosalia yesterday afternoon and are now , for the first time in over 3 weeks, tied up to a slip. As we have slowly moved up the inside of Baja we have been aware of many changes. The first part of our journey we were anchored in mostly small fishing villages. We were intrigued by the pangeros (Mexican Fisherman) daily routines. Both Bob and myself marveled at how hard working and tough these men of the sea are. As we moved further north we started running into more of the American/Canadian retirees and travelers. Bahia Concepcion had many expat and campers scattered around it´s pristine shores and it was fun sharing stories and adventures with each other. Most everyone that comes down here has an adventurous side to them wether they come by boat, RV or even living in a house, we all share many of the same traits.
As we have traveled further north up the sea it has also become more challanging navigating the beautiful waters. The reason that you see the tourquise colored water in the pictures is due to shoaling. Shoaling is a build up of sand that can happen around points, islands and in bays. I´ve had areas that show up 20 feet deep on my depth finder and you´re over a mile from the closest land. You may also notice all of the islands in the Pictures, these must also be navigated around (duh) creating a constant need to always be alert while underway.
I´ll be returning to San Diego by bus next week to take care of a few issues and attend Ashley´s graduation from UCLA. Over the next couple of days I will share in more detail some of the adventures that we´ve had over the past 3 weeks and of course there will also be stories to tell about Santa Rosalia.
Vaya usted con Dios
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California