S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

What happened to Steve

28 June 2011 | Mainland Mexico, Sea of Cortez
Steve
I'm pretty sure all of my blog followers are wonderings...what happened to Steve and his always exciting blog? Although while anchored in Bahia Algodones, I have great cell service, I have no internet service. I am currently sitting in the Marina Real's air conditioned office posting this blog. Soon after arriving in Bahia Algodones I discovered that for $12.00 I could come over here put my dinghy in a slip and use their showers, their internet and as a fringe benefit I can toss out my trash in their dumpster. Now that might not sound like a good deal to you...but being a thrifty (cheap) cruiser, I also figured out that if I come in the late morning I can get the rest of that day and all of the following day. Now add up your internet bill, your air conditioning bill, your water bill and your trash bill and $6.00 a day starts to sound pretty good, (and I only have to pay it when I want to). Bahia Algodones is a beautiful large bay (pic) that is lined with million dollar homes, it is also home to two large resorts and Marina Real. during the weekends it is full of kids on waverunners, wakeboard boats, kayaks and small sailboats. Sunday morning I woke up and decided to move up the coast 10 miles to another bay called Bahia San Pedro. Bahia San Pedro is a picture perfect cove of which I was the only boat anchored in...certainly a lot quieter that Algodones. I spent Sunday swimming, snorkleing and rowing around this wonderful spot...wishing Shaybo was there to enjoy it with me. Monday morning the wind came up with a fury...I was anchored close to a beautiful shear rock cliff which protected me from the swells...but with 25+ knot gusts blowing across the bay, I had no choice but to stay on Si Bon. You definitely don't want to go for a hike or swim and watch your boat be blown out to sea, or onto the rocks while you're stranded in an isolated, remote bay. Finally around 1430 in afternoon the wind subsided enough for me to weigh the anchor and head back to Algodones. As I was preparing to leave, a couple of guys in a panga approached Si Bon and sold me two lobster tails for 40 pasos ($3.50) and then invited me to the beach to have dinner with them. I politely refused...hopefully next time I'll be able to join them.
Well I have another day of internet manana...so I should be able to post again then...I'm sure that will make all of my blog faithful happy.....both of them.
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California