S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

Resort cruisers

28 November 2011 | Marina El Cid, Mazatlan, Mexico
Steve
You may have wondered where all the exciting blogs have been the past few days, when living the life of a resort cruiser you have very little time to squeeze in blogging. So tonight I've cleared my social calendar so I could update all of the blog faithful. Since attending our wonderful Thanksgiving evening feast we've had plenty going on....let me see, on Friday our neighboring dock ( "B" dock) had a dock party, dock parties are basically a pot luck dinner where other cruisers share information (B.S.) with each other while eating and drinking. We cut out early and some of our friends on "A" dock came back to Si Bon and continued sharing information (B.S.) and drinking while listening to a free concert and fireworks show courtesy of the wedding reception across the harbor channel. On Saturday Sharon and I headed out early to walk to a local marine store, we walked for a total of about 4 hours and finally found the stinking store....which basically had none of the things that we needed. Saturday night we were invited over to S/V Victoria Dos, owned by new friends Keith and Donna from Canada, we all brought along some food to share and enjoyed a fine dinner of lobster, steaks and hot dogs while listing to a free concert and fireworks show courtesy of another wedding reception across the harbor channel.
One thing we have discovered here in Mazatlan is that there are a TON of Canadians. On Sunday the Canadian Football League (CFL) played their Superbowl...which is called the Grey Cup, since we have grown fond of most of the Canadians here, we decided that we would go with them to a place called "The Saloon" and support the team from British Columbia, The Lions. It was a pretty easy decision for me as the Chargers were playing at close to the same time and since The Saloon has about 20 televisions I figured I could watch the hapless Chargers take the last breath of their dismal season while supporting my Canadian friends at the same time. Well I gotta tell ya that the Chargers stink and CFL is pretty exciting to watch, the refs let the players play and the fans get very excited...similar to a college game, The Canadians even all stood up and sang their National Anthem at the beginning of the game, when was the last time you saw that in a bar in the states?
I know that the above experiences are not nearly as exciting to read about as our death defying experiences on the high seas...but ya gotta take a break from the life of a real cruiser every once in awhile. Tomorrow we will be attending a Bon Voyage party and dinner for our neighbors and friends, Bill and Trish on S/V Kwinhagak, who have taught us many things about living the life of a resort cruiser.
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California