Sunset Cruising

30 July 2009 | Hudson River
30 July 2009 | New York State
17 July 2009 | Hudson River
23 April 2009 | Essex, CT
11 April 2009 | Portsmouth, VA
01 April 2009 | Southport, NC
12 March 2009 | Tampa, FL
05 March 2009 | Vero Beach, FL
28 January 2009 | Treasure Cay Resort
18 January 2009 | Treasure Cay
09 January 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
16 December 2008
11 December 2008 | Vero Beach, FL

Reached our goal!

11 April 2009 | Portsmouth, VA
Rod and Lyn
We forgot to record one of the highlights of our trip - we watched the launch of Discovery. We were less than two miles away and it was totally awesome!! It was sunset and the burn from the missel was a golden color, needless to say, we were thrilled.

We arrived at Elizabeth City, NC to tie up at a free dock and called a van to come pick up us to do reprovisioning for the trip home. Yes, believe it or not we still ran out of some supplies, like snacks. Great place, everything free and really friendly people who go out of their way to help.

We made the trip through Dismal Swamp Canal on April 10. We were the only boat transitting the Canal. When we got to the last Lock, the Lock Master, Robert and his dog U-turn greeted us. Robert played our Conch horn in November and again this time. He also allowed us to wait in the Lock so that we could make the next Swing Bridge in Norfolk after the restricted time. He is knowledgable about the Dismal Swamp Canal and told us some very interesting facts - we enjoyed our stay with him. We proceeded on and arrived in Portsmouth, VA at another free dock. The town is delightful and has a beautiful "Olde Towne Historic District."

We've checked with the Coast Guard for weather conditions in Hampton Roads (last time was a nightmare) and we leave April 12, Easter Sunday for the Chesapeake Bay - headed for home!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sunset
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau First 38s5
Hailing Port: Essex, CT
Crew: Rod and Linda
Home Page: http://www.sailbogs.com/member/sidewaysailor

Sideway Sailor

Who: Rod and Linda
Port: Essex, CT