Tied with a Silver Chain

07 April 2014 | Captain's Cove Seaport; Bridgeport, CT
07 April 2014 | Bridgeport, CT
06 April 2014
05 April 2014 | Bridgeport, CT
05 April 2014 | Bridgeport, CT
27 January 2014 | home
27 January 2014 | Lake Tahoe, Nevada

Spring-ing into Action!

05 April 2014 | Bridgeport, CT
Dave and Kelley
Well...it's early April, and the relentless winter storms which have pummeled New England have FINALLY gone. Time for Silver Chain to ship out and head home to Tennessee! We've decided in the interest of time to ship the boat BY LAND! Whuttha...?? Something so wrong with "shipping" a yacht by truck, ya know?!? We really hate to move her this way, but it's several thousand miles to Nashville by water...at the stinging pace of 7 miles an hour under power or sail...and doing the math just made us cringe!

Weve been working hard to coordinate transport of the boat, negotiating schedules between the prior owner, the marina where she now quietly sits in her slip, the marine transport company, the local marina who will haul her out of the water and gently place her on the truck using a huge crane, and the receiving marina who will do the reverse process, and gingerly slip our new baby into Old Hickory Lake. It's quite the logistical process.

Our plan calls for us to fly to Bridgeport to coordinate the process and decomission the boat for the trip, over the next 3 days. We hope to have her on the truck by next Tuesday (April 8), and for her to arrive in Tennessee just 3 days later. Fingers crossed! Stay tuned.
Comments
Vessel Name: Silver Chain
Vessel Make/Model: Southern Cross 39
Hailing Port: Old Hickory, TN
Crew: Kelley Rehm, Dave Severns
About:
Kelley and Dave are bridge engineers turned sailors! We have recently purchased our first sailboat - a blue water cruiser we plan to take all over the world... [...]

About Us

Who: Kelley Rehm, Dave Severns
Port: Old Hickory, TN