Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

Activities around La Cruz

04 February 2011 | Day trip to Puerta Vallarta and acrobatic show on a sailboat
Connie/cold, in the 60's and windy
We took the bus to Puerta Vallarta for some sightseeing. We walked along the Malecon, along the shoreline, and enjoyed the beautiful statues and view across the bay. The locals are very creative about finding ways to earn some money. There were several people who made beautiful sand sculptures and put tip boxes out and others who balanced stacks of rocks and hoped for tips. Often when we ride the buses we are entertained by men singing and playing their guitars. After a few songs they walk the aisles collecting tips. Thursday night is movie night here in the marina, but instead of a movie they had a live show. It was an acrobatic show done to music in the rigging of a sailboat. It was similar to a Cirque du Soleil show. The French couple was very good and did some amazing things in the rigging. They are sailing around the world, putting on their shows for donations. The weather here has been surprisingly cold the last 2 days, in the 60's, and very windy. I think it's an extention of the cold front that went through Calif. recently. Everyone is wearing long pants, fleece, and jackets again. Cruisers who have been coming to Mexico for many years say this is the coldest it's ever been in the Puerta Vallarta area. Hopefully, it'll warm up soon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA