Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

Chamela Bay

18 February 2011 | Chamela
Connie/ in the 70's and sunny and calm
We left La Cruz last night around 9 pm and arrived in Chamela Bay at 12 noon today, Fri. We finally recieved the new refrigerator compressor a few days ago, got it installed, and were able to go shopping for food with the help of some new friends we met in Philo's. They were nice enough to drive us to the Costco in Puerta Vallarta and to the Mega for groceries. It's nice to have food on board and be able to fix meals on board again. I was actually getting tired of eating out. ( I never thought I'd say that!) The weather was warming up the last week or so and was very pleasant, in the high 70's in the daytime and in the 50's at night. We watched the Super Bowl with our friends, Charles and Anne Louise, at their condo. They are from Calgary, Canada and their daughter phoned and said it was 40 below. (brrrr) No wonder they come to La Cruz in the winter. We took them sailing again, along with their friends, from Grass Valley, CA. north of Auburn. We had a wonderful time with 10-15 knots of wind and smooth water in the bay. Our trip down the coast to Chamela was calm with flat seas and we motored the whole way. The bay is protected behind a point of land and is calm. There are a few palapa restaurants on the beach and a few small hotels spread out along the beach and a small RV park. We're listening to the surf crash on the beach and can hear music playing from the restaurants. It's very peaceful and relaxing.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA