Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

San Evaristo, Los Gatos, San Marte, and Agua Verde

13 May 2011 | 4 anchorages on Baja
Connie
We went from Isla San Francisco to San Evaristo on the Baja side. This is a well protected bay from north weather and it has a small fishing village. We ended up getting stuck here for 4 days while a Norther blew. The bay stayed calm even though the wind blew hard, as much as 35 knots. Sometimes it was a little hard to sleep at night with the wind howling outside, but inside the boat you couldn't feel any movement because the water was calm. We only went ashore once to walk around and explore the town. Then we left for the next bay called, Los Gatos, only a few hours away. The sandstone bluffs around this anchorage are beautiful. There are several colors of dark and light pink swirled around in the smooth sandstone so that it looks like saltwater taffy. A group of kayakers came in and camped on the beach. The guides set up camp before they came in, with tents, chairs and tables, then they cooked dinner for them. When they left the next morning to kayak to the next bay, some of the guides break up the camp and put everything on the pangas and take it to the next bay. What a nice way to go kayak/camping!! We left Los Gatos and went a few miles to San Marte. It was another nice anchorage tucked in behind a point of land and a reef, so it was well protected. We had the bay all to ourselves, which was great. Again, it was beautiful clear green water and we went snorkeling on the reef. We saw many different fish and it was like snorkeling in an aquarium. The next day we went around the point and into Agua Verde, about 5 miles away. This anchorage has 3 lobes and 2 of them have gorgeous green water, hence the name Agua Verde. We also snorkeled on the reefs here and again saw many beautiful fish including a sea snake. There is a small fishing village here and every day the fishermen go out in their pangas and come back at the end of the day with fish, which they sell right on the beach. A refrigerated truck comes and takes away the fish, and they pay the fishermen. We walked into town and bought a few things at the grocery store. There is a small church and a school in the town. We enjoyed this anchorage so much that we stayed here for 2 days.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA