Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

Uvita

26 February 2012
Connie, hot and humid
Uvita
We sailed from Quepos to Uvita on flat seas and about 8 knots of breeze. When we were approaching the anchorage all we could see was white water and waves breaking on reefs. Fortunately we found the way in between 2 reefs and anchored behind the reef. There was a curved sandy beach and a peninsula with a long sand bar that extended from the tip of it out to the reef. The peninsula, sand bar, and reef formed a U shape with us anchored in the middle of it. When we first got there it was high tide (9 feet) and the waves were crashing over the reef, so the anchorage was violently rough and rolly. But as the tide went down, the reef was more exposed and blocked the waves and the anchorage was much calmer. The low tide was a -2 feet so there was an 11 foot difference in the tides. When we got up in the morning it was quite a sight to see the calm green water, and the sand bar and reef surrounding us and exposed 4-6 feet out of the water. This peninsula and coastline is a National Park and was thick with lush green vegetation.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA