Sirius

The good ship Sirius

06 February 2007
Copied from yotblog
Paid the balance today (gulp!). So that's me life savings out the window, and this little calvinistic voice in my head is admonishing me about extravagance. Reminder to self - get lobotomy.

So, Sirius is work-in progress in deepest Bavaria, and due to be delivered to Bormes le Mimosas +/- March 10, and ready to sail +/- March 24. We have the "dream team" crew lined up for delivery Bormes-Corfu ( former pro skipper, former Whitbread /Fastnet 2nd...), which is just as well, since the passage plan I've designed for them is no Med daysail! I stay home and do logistics! Passage plan stands to be corrected after input from Swagman and his magic software (tx in advance John)

On April 1 ( yes, April fool, but also our wedding anniversary) we will do the champagne thingy. On reflection, and after advice from forumites, no glass will be deposited in the sea, and just enough bubbly will go overboard to appease all marine gods, past present and future.

After that we have 3 "owner weeks" in Corfu, April 27-May 19, but not on Sirius, since already chartered out. Will be keeping a careful watch for Sirius, to see if well treated! Only 4 crew places available, and already 2 reservations!

And then in the autumn, 2 weeks in Turkey , a bit earlier than last year, in the hope (???!!!) of avoiding bad weather.

Many thanks to all who have shared their experiences here, and especially those who encouraged me to 'go for it' when I was besieged by doubt.

Today is the start of the rest of my life.

Bon vent

Comments
Vessel Name: Sirius
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 37
Hailing Port: Gouvia
Crew: Popeye and OliveOyl
About: Retired (him), soon to be retired (her) grandparents. Popeye's been sailing for many years, Olive decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" in 2003. Acquired Sirius in 2007
Extra: Crew currently located in Belgistan, plan to relocate to Greece in 2012

Who: Popeye and OliveOyl
Port: Gouvia