Sirocco Sails to Mexico

S/V Sirocco

Who: Lee Pryor and Cathy Sweet,
Port: Oceanside, CA
21 June 2011 | San Diego
20 June 2011 | 145 Miles from San Diego
16 June 2011 | 275 Miles from San Diego
14 June 2011 | 70 Miles South of Turtle Bay
12 June 2011 | Halfway to Bahia Santa Maria
10 June 2011 | San Jose Del Cabo
08 June 2011 | Between La Paz and San Jose Del Cabo
01 June 2011 | La Paz
28 May 2011 | La Paz
25 May 2011 | En route to La Paz
24 May 2011 | Ensenada Grande, Isla Partida
24 May 2011 | Isolotes
24 May 2011 | Nopolo
22 May 2011 | Ballena
22 May 2011 | Timbabiche
22 May 2011 | Agua Verde
14 May 2011 | Honeymoon Cove
14 May 2011
14 May 2011

End of Season Party

16 March 2011
The day after the Banderas Bay Regatta all racers and cruisers were invited to Los Arroyos Verdes for an end of the season party. This is the same place we took the family to back in January to celebrate the end of the Christmas season. There is a recurring theme here. Something ends and it's time to throw a party. Lupe pulled out all the stops again and held a wonderful event. Not only did we get to enjoy the magnificent grounds and pool, but also got to hear 3 different bands and see a dance performance. Lupe makes it easy for us boaters to attend her parties as she sends vans to the marinas to pick us up. She's a sailor at heart and tries to include us in most of her events.

We've been busy getting the boat ready to leave here in La Cruz while we fly home for 3 weeks. Most of our friends are flying home at this time too. Today we are are having Sirocco's deck painted and tomorrow right before we leave for the airport we will have the boat hauled for new bottom paint. We can get good bottom paint here in Mexico and they will spray it on and wet sand as well, which is very difficult and expensive to have done in the states. Although Sirocco is a cruiser now we still want to keep her bottom somewhat close to a racing bottom. When we looked at the high cost of keeping Sirocco in the marina for 3 weeks, it made sense to have the bottom done and leave her in the yard while we are gone.

We are flying home on Thursday, March 17th and will be home until March 31st when we fly to Chicago to visit Lee's mother for her 102nd birthday. That's right, 102! Pretty amazing. After staying in Chicago we will fly to Denver to to visit Lee's daughter and will then return to Oceaniside on April 6th. We leave to return to Mexico on April 10th and will start our journey to the Sea of Cortez at that time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirocco
Vessel Make/Model: J Boats J/130
Hailing Port: Oceanside, CA
Crew: Lee Pryor and Cathy Sweet,
About:
Lee and Cathy own Sirocco, a 1994 J/130 they purchased over three years ago and had shipped across the country from Rockport, Maine to Oceanside, California. Lee and Cathy have primarily raced Sirocco but decided to slow down and take some time cruising. [...]
Extra: .

S/V Sirocco

Who: Lee Pryor and Cathy Sweet,
Port: Oceanside, CA