Slow-Mocean

20 July 2009
02 July 2009 | St. Kitts
27 June 2009 | St. Maartin
21 June 2009 | Buck Island, St Croix USVI
30 May 2009 | St. John USVI
28 April 2009 | Culebra, PR
22 April 2009 | Esperonza, Vieques
20 April 2009 | Vieques, PR
16 April 2009 | Fort San Juan, PR
10 April 2009 | Puerto Rico
05 April 2009 | Boqueron, PR
02 April 2009 | Escondido, DR
01 April 2009 | Luperon
24 March 2009
20 March 2009 | Providencia
17 March 2009 | Rum Cay
10 March 2009 | Georgetown
28 February 2009 | Green Cay
26 February 2009 | Fresh Creek, Andros
15 February 2009 | Fresh Creek, Andros

Bravo Zulu MV Spectra

02 April 2009 | Escondido, DR
We were leaving Georgetown Bahamas when we heard the call on the Cruisehiemers net issuing a boat watch for the sailing Vessel Annie II. It was two weeks over due and it did not sound good. A week later I heard Annie II was found and in Caicos albeit dismasted. He was motoring south to Luperon with another vessel and I figured that would be that.

When we got to Luperon we were anchored close to Annie II and met Ken and his wife, who was flying home so Ken could single hand the boat to St. Lucie. Ken had a plan to cannibalize a mast and rig from a similar sized boat which was sunk in the harbor. The Comandante decided to get in on the action and told Ken he needed to pay him a couple thousand dollars for it. It was a BS move to take advantage of Ken like that and Ken decided he wasn't going to play the game. He decided to motor his 28' vessel into 5' seas and 15 knot winds for as long as he needed to.

As the window arrived and we were all preparing to exit Luperon Ken got a call from MV Spectra (a 53' Krogen). Joe the captain said, "Why don't you toss me a line and I'll tow you". Ken played it off as a bit of a joke from a fellow Yachty and Joe said," I'm serious"

It was a truly kind and generous offer to tow Annie II all the way to PR, and that kind of generosity should always be recognized. Not that Ken would have been killed or anything but it would have been a very nasty crossing for him. Three days after departing Luperon Annie II made landfall with Spectra in Mayaguez PR.

Were all glad Ken made it unscathed and were also pleased to know that fellow boaters are always there to help each other. For we all know, those we help today may save our bacon tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Slow-Mocean
Vessel Make/Model: manta 42'
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Sunny, Blake, and Pebbles the dog.
Extra: KJ4IJO@winlink.org MMSI 367376190 Skype blakeandsunny Phone 425 244 0005

Take me there...

Who: Sunny, Blake, and Pebbles the dog.
Port: Seattle, WA




“A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say ‘How to Build a Boat” - Stephen Wright