The Adventures of Smart Move

13 June 2015 | Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
24 May 2015 | Saints Anne, Martinique
24 March 2015 | Puerto del Rey Marina, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
01 February 2015 | Charlestown, Nevis
13 January 2015 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
03 December 2014 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
01 December 2014 | Somewhere in the Caribbean Sea
01 December 2014 | Somewhere In The Caribbean Sea
30 November 2014 | Fajardo, Puerto Rico
22 November 2014 | Puerto del Rey Marina, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
29 October 2014 | San Juan, Puerto Rico
26 August 2014 | Cheyenne, Wyoming
01 August 2014 | Highlands Ranch, Colorado
29 July 2014 | Cheyenne, Wyoming
16 May 2014 | Sunbay Marina, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
15 May 2014 | Sunbay Marina, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
14 May 2014 | Sunbay Marina, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
02 April 2014 | Terre D'en Haut, Iles des Saintes
31 March 2014 | Prince Rupert Bay, Dominica

The Dinghy Donut

20 November 2013 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
Robyn
Well today we finally enjoyed some of the fruits of our labors here in Grenada. This refers specifically to our hard work at Trivia Night on Tuesdays at the Tiki Bar here in Prickly Bay. We won a free two hour ride on the Dinghy Donut, three free pizzas, and a case of Carib beer.

This was our second outing on the Dinghy Donut. The first we won as part of a team of seven cruisers. This one we won with just Barry, myself and Sherri on the team. Alas, we were not the first place team and we were the only team of cruisers. It was our first Tuesday back after being home. We engineered having a rental car that day specifically to go to Trivia Night. It was a very rainy day and night and, honestly, if we had been staying on the boat we would not have gone -- like the rest of the cruisers we would have stayed in.

Upon arriving and seeing none of our friends, we also discovered our friend Mark on Sea Life had sailed north the day before and would not be the MC for the night's entertainment. Although sad not to see our friends, we were game to compete in the trivia challenge with our tiny team of three. After a great meal at the Tiki Bar, we got down to business and put our thinking caps on.

Darren, the owner of the Tiki Bar & Restaurant, was the new MC for trivia night. Darren is British with a great deep, booming, baritone voice. I don't know where Darren gets his questions from, but they are really hard. However, he does try to get a fair mix of questions so that everyone in this very diverse audience has a chance of getting at least some right. Here is an example, 'what grouping of animals is referred to as an array'? When all but the vets students (did I mention there is a fairly large vet and med school at the University here in Grenada with primarily US students) in the audience were baffled, he added an additional clue -- 'the animal is found in the UK'. Got the answer? No? Well it is a hedgehog. Who the hell knew hedgehogs hung out in groups!

Anyway, to make a long story short, we lost miserably! We were the last place team, oh the embarrassment of it all! But Darren, knowing how far we had come, our small team of three (going up against teams of eight), and the fact we had also bought dinner and drinks probably didn't hurt, decided to change things up a bit and in last place with only 16/40 gave us (what is usually the first place prize) the Dinghy Donut ride with free pizza and beer!

We had a great day touring the bay with my dad, friends Margi and Gary from s/v Inspiration, and tour director Glenn Roy from Prickly a Bay Marina. At the end of our two hour ride we had completely polished off all three pizzas and the case of beer!



Comments
Vessel Name: Smart Move
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 473
Hailing Port: Salt Lake City, Utah
Crew: Barry, Robyn, Lilly and Chloe
Smart Move's Photos - Main
The Big Little Island
7 Photos
Created 25 March 2014
9 Photos
Created 2 December 2012
9 Photos
Created 18 November 2012
20 Photos
Created 18 November 2012
Pictures from Sherri's October 2012 visit.
9 Photos
Created 17 November 2012
Our time in Fajardo, Puerto Rico
6 Photos
Created 17 September 2012
1 Photo
Created 7 September 2012
Pictures from Miami, Florida 2012
3 Photos
Created 25 February 2012
San Juan February 2012
2 Photos
Created 18 February 2012
5 Photos
Created 14 January 2012