exploring the dream

04 December 2013 | Barra De la Navidad
19 November 2013 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
18 November 2013 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
05 November 2013 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
03 November 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
01 November 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
30 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
30 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
28 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
27 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
26 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
24 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
22 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
19 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
17 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
15 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
14 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
12 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
10 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
09 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea

Ring around the Rosie

28 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
Gene and Gloria
Ring around the Rosie 07 55N 118 49W Oct 28, 2013 Evening Amazing how fast things can change. That lovely downwind went light and we were left rolling from toerail to toerail every 20 sec or so; it was awful. After about 4 hours of that, and taking the flogging main down, we gave up going N and at midnight last night went to start the engine, turn E, take out the reefs in the main, and take down the pole. However, the engine wouldn't start�..... We were able to steer the boat E under sail, turn on the foredeck light, and go out on the pitching deck to take out the reefs and stow the whisker pole. An hour later done, except we caused a small tear in our mainsail-forgot to take out the belly lines before trying to shake out the reef. Talk about dumb! Got it taped up and will get it repaired in Mexico. So we fired up our generator because in 8-10 knots, windvanes and trolling generators do nothing. After a long night, come morning we were able to start the engine spraying WD40 in the air intake while starting it, a good trick. We will run it more often just to make sure it will. So weather wise, we are below a large Low in the monsoon trof with counter clockwise rotation. We are going to try to ride it E then NE, and N as it passes by us over the next three days. At least it has 15-20 kts wind from the SW and we are sailing E at 6 kts, second reef in the main. We hope to turn NE in 2 days but will let the gribs tell us when it is safe. At least the rain is washing the salt off. Going this way adds a couple hundred miles to our voyage, but we couldn't do the more northerly direct route, so I guess this is the way the winds are blowing us�.....
Comments
Vessel Name: Pincoya
Vessel Make/Model: Island packet 44, 1995, Cutter Rig
Hailing Port: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Crew: Gene Dennis, Gloria Watson

Who: Gene Dennis, Gloria Watson
Port: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA