Smooth Operator (SB-509)

"I haven't seen such a scruffy bunch of men as you for ages" one of the sailors laughed. "You'll all need a good scrub up before they'll let you lot out on the town. " (Of Guns, Revenge and Hope. -David Lawrence Young)

Re-live last years Melb/Hamo/Melb trip by Jock

07 August 2015
Jock
Comments
Vessel Name: Smooth Operator (SB-509)
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 509
Hailing Port: Martha Cove Marina, Port Phillip, Australia
Crew: Kapitano, Jock (away in Siberia for the winter) Juzzy, Cupboards, Grumpy, Grunter, The Principal, Fairweather, The Bitch, Di & Eileen, plus ring-ins
About: "I haven't seen such a scruffy bunch of men as you for ages" one of the sailors laughed. "You'll all need a good scrub up before they'll let you lot out on the town. " (Of Guns, Revenge and Hope. - David Lawrence Young)
Extra:
Home Page: https://www.facebook.com/smoothoperatoryacht
Social:
Smooth Operator (SB-509)'s Photos - Main
This is an ideal race for those new to ocean racing with its shorter length (52 miles) and proximity to the coast.
1 Photo
Created 13 May 2015
Sailed around a Bay course, this event provides a challenge to those who wish to test themselves in a short-handed sailing format, as well as providing valuable training for those who are contemplating participating in the short-handed division of longer races conducted by the ORCV.
4 Photos
Created 9 May 2015
"I haven't seen such a scruffy bunch of men as you for ages" one of the sailors laughed. "You'll all need a good scrub up before they'll let you lot out on the town. " (Of Guns, Revenge and Hope. -David Lawrence Young)
14 Photos
Created 8 May 2015
Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends. If I knew, I might toss out my anchor. So I'll cruise along always searchin' for songs, Not a lawyer, a thief or a banker. - Jimmy Buffett
44 Photos
Created 8 May 2015
This hugely popular 34 nautical mile yacht race on Port Phillip is held each year on Boxing Day and, with a course designed to sail past major bayside locations, it is popular with sailors and spectators alike. Some say there is no better way to work off the excesses of Christmas the day before.
17 Photos
Created 8 May 2015
Since 1844, the Festival of Sails has played a key part in the Victorian and Australian yachting calendar. Highly competitive and diverse, the event caters to all levels of sailing from high performance racing machines to family cruisers. Evolving over the years, to culminate in its’ current format, the Festival of Sails is an iconic and fun-filled event. It offers something that no other regatta in Australia does, combining first-class racing with a brilliant Shore-side Festival, which sees 100,000 visitors flock to the stunning Geelong waterfront to soak up the summer atmosphere.
5 Photos
Created 8 May 2015
We are sailing, we are sailing, home again 'cross the sea. We are sailing stormy waters, to be near you, to be free. - Rod Stewart
33 Photos
Created 8 May 2015
Audi Hamilton Island Race Week is one of Australia’s favourite yachting events and a firm fixture on the international sailing calendar. Competitors, family and friends come together to enjoy the convivial atmosphere and unique camaraderie of the event’s on-water and off-water carnival. Every August, spectators and yachties from around the globe sail to Hamilton Island for Audi Hamilton Island Race Week - Australia’s largest offshore keel-boat regatta.
20 Photos
Created 9 January 2014