Adventures of Solace

Paul and Gina Rae on board their yacht Solace, as they make their way around the world from San Francisco. Visit also our Web site & Paul's Boat Projects through the Home link to the right.

02 December 2017
20 October 2017
20 October 2017
19 October 2017
17 October 2017
04 October 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
18 August 2017 | Mopelia
12 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
22 June 2017
22 June 2017

Charlotteville, Tobago

02 December 2015
Preschoolers out carolling.
We ended up at Charlotteville and anchored in Pirates Bay. This island has history that dates back to the pirates and then the slave trade. Charlotteville was just a cute, quaint, waterfront town. It had a sense of the laid back Caribbean style with little influence from tourists (note: lack of stores that sell tickytacky stuff!!!)It even had a nice solid dinghy dock so we could alight with dry feet. We had to go through the process of checking in which we tried to do but nobody was in the office. Oh well, we will come back tomorrow. In the meanwhile, we walked the town (takes all of 10 minutes) taking in the local sights and thoroughly enjoyed the free (read: slow) wifi at the local library. We were sold. We did find a couple of reasonable restaurants so it we had to leave a little cash with the locals. We did try to buy diesel but every day we were told that it would be delivered tomorrow. Well, tomorrow did arrive, albeit a few days later but the pump then had an airlock and they could not dispense. So miss out on the diesel and time to move on. We left in the evening, along with Infini, after checking out, as it would take more than the daylight hours to get to Grenada and we needed to arrive in daylight.
Comments
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Santa Cruz, CA
Crew: Paul and Gina Rae
About:
Paul – In a previous life he was a diesel mechanic in the NZ Army for 6 years. Made a career shift to nursing and has remained in this field ever since. Has dabbled with sailing intermittently throughout the years with sailing courses and charters. [...]
Home Page: http://solaceadventures.me
Social:
Solace's Photos - Main
Out and about in Santa Marta
4 Photos
Created 19 December 2016