Adventures of Solace

Paul and Gina Rae on board their yacht Solace, as they make their way around the world from San Francisco. Visit also our Web site & Paul's Boat Projects through the Home link to the right.

02 December 2017
20 October 2017
20 October 2017
19 October 2017
17 October 2017
04 October 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
18 August 2017 | Mopelia
12 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
22 June 2017
22 June 2017

Bequia, St Vincent

20 March 2016
The Gingerbread.
Our next stop was St Vincent and the Grenadines. We stopped one night in a secluded anchorage and made it the next day to the island of Bequia to check in. We eventually picked up a mooring, even after reading about the reports about how poorly maintained they are. With some asking around, we took a chance on this mooring owned by Phat Shag. Bequia was certainly a cruisers second home. The locals provided all sorts of services, such that you didn’t even have to step off the boat to shop. It ranges from laundry pick up and delivery, diesel, ice, water, beer, wine, basic supermarket items, and fresh baguettes in the morning. Anything you wanted, they could get or do for you without even leaving home (our boat). But we did leave the boat. We walked up to the fort and looked around town. There were more restaurants than we could count so we managed to do our bit for the local economy and partake in the occasional happy hour and meal out. I could see how this is one of the cruiser hangout spots of the Caribbean. Even the diving is very good. The water is very clear, some of the best so far. The sea life is abundant and colorful. It was hard to leave as life can become easy in a spot like this. We got to socialise a lot. Probably a little too much. And we met up another OCC boat Oriole and enjoyed sundowners with John and Chris. It is always great to meet people we speak to on the radio.
Comments
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Santa Cruz, CA
Crew: Paul and Gina Rae
About:
Paul – In a previous life he was a diesel mechanic in the NZ Army for 6 years. Made a career shift to nursing and has remained in this field ever since. Has dabbled with sailing intermittently throughout the years with sailing courses and charters. [...]
Home Page: http://solaceadventures.me
Social:
Solace's Photos - Main
Out and about in Santa Marta
4 Photos
Created 19 December 2016