Adventures of Solace

Paul and Gina Rae on board their yacht Solace, as they make their way around the world from San Francisco. Visit also our Web site & Paul's Boat Projects through the Home link to the right.

02 December 2017
20 October 2017
20 October 2017
19 October 2017
17 October 2017
04 October 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
18 August 2017 | Mopelia
12 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
22 June 2017
22 June 2017

The Grenadines

08 November 2016
Our next stop was Carriacou where we planned to fill up with duty free fuel and check out of Grenada. We did take time ashore to enjoy the local pizza and local beer and the great ambiance. Unfortunately one of our heads had a pump that failed. Not sure why because it was brand new. But we had another spare pump and got that fitted before we left for St Vincent. We stopped off at Union Island, cleared in at the airport then off to try out the local fare. After a really good burger in town, we dinghied over to Happy Island. This is an island that was made completely from coral that one of the locals had placed by hand. No machinery was used in the building of this island. Fortunately he built it big enough to house one bar and a few great seats to have a look out onto the anchorage and across a few reefs. Great place to watch the sunset, except there were too many clouds today. Still, you can’t cloud over a great view from this reef bar. Just 3 miles north of here was our next stop in the Tobago Cays, a Marine Park for the turtles. Yet another sunset over the bow of the boat. Here the water is clear enough to go for a swim as we all ended up in the water. Good chance to give the bottom a quick wipe. Our last stop before Martinique was Bequia. The ultimate in cruiser hangouts. Unfortunately a free Painkiller night made us stop for several days. At least we were able to get one of our new sunshades.
Comments
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Santa Cruz, CA
Crew: Paul and Gina Rae
About:
Paul – In a previous life he was a diesel mechanic in the NZ Army for 6 years. Made a career shift to nursing and has remained in this field ever since. Has dabbled with sailing intermittently throughout the years with sailing courses and charters. [...]
Home Page: http://solaceadventures.me
Social:
Solace's Photos - Main
Out and about in Santa Marta
4 Photos
Created 19 December 2016