Adventures of Solace

Paul and Gina Rae on board their yacht Solace, as they make their way around the world from San Francisco. Visit also our Web site & Paul's Boat Projects through the Home link to the right.

02 December 2017
20 October 2017
20 October 2017
19 October 2017
17 October 2017
04 October 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
18 August 2017 | Mopelia
12 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
22 June 2017
22 June 2017

Tahiti

22 June 2017
This is our neighbourhood for now.
We made Tahiti after an overnight from Tikehau. It was another fast trip due to the winds. We decided to head straight for the downtown marina as Marina Taina around past the airport is med moored and it would make it difficult for us to get off our boat. We also found out later that the downtown marina is cheaper. We were here a day and found out we had a definite offer to sell our farm so we had to make plans to move our stuff. Paul had to fly home to sort out our stuff and I get to stay on the boat n downtown marina. Not sure who got the best deal; Paul did get to touch basis with all our friends and family back home, yet I got to hang out in the tropics in a not so bad part of the pacific. I had power, water, hot showers, internet, groceries. All close by. It certainly made for an easy life. The power was expensive so I became frugal with it, water was cheap so the boat got washed, Internet was sporadic so I didn’t get as much done as I wanted and the hot showers were endless whenever there was hot water. I got to do some of the fun work on the boat, catch up on my sewing projects and walk around down town Tahiti. I managed to catch a few buses, but the service is very island like so one waits awhile if one wants to return form somewhere on a bus. I did a lot of walking and certainly knew where most things were in the Papeete area. I ate once a week at the roulettes, one of the highlights of downtown. This is a bunch of food trucks that sell a variety of meals. It is good food for the cheapest price in Papeete.

Comments
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Santa Cruz, CA
Crew: Paul and Gina Rae
About:
Paul – In a previous life he was a diesel mechanic in the NZ Army for 6 years. Made a career shift to nursing and has remained in this field ever since. Has dabbled with sailing intermittently throughout the years with sailing courses and charters. [...]
Home Page: http://solaceadventures.me
Social:
Solace's Photos - Main
Out and about in Santa Marta
4 Photos
Created 19 December 2016