Solace

Solace on the sea!

22 September 2020 | In Southeast Asia
02 January 2019
14 September 2017
07 February 2014 | Thailand!
30 December 2012 | Thailand
22 September 2011 | Thailand!
28 April 2011 | Thailand
17 April 2011 | Sonora, Mexico
02 December 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
27 October 2010 | Bangkok, Thailand
12 October 2010 | Asia!
12 September 2010 | Sonora, California
02 May 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
26 March 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
01 March 2010 | Marina San Carlos, Mex
18 February 2010
15 January 2010 | 27° 56'N : 111° 03'W

On the beach!

26 March 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
Daytime 80's - Nights 60's
Hard to resist the lure of the beach with weather like this. Even though work continues on the boat there is time to enjoy sunny days and fantastic nights at the beach. This shot was taken one Sunday afternoon off the patio of the Cotton Club, a five star restaurant/nightclub where a friend entertains each night. Great food and good friends in an absolutely beautiful location.

I find it harder each day to keep from breaking away from work on the boat as I feel the desire to seek and absorb the beauty of the many new places I find here. Routine days are a thing of the past although mornings almost always start with coffee at Evie's. Evie's is a coffee bar during the day that roast all of their own coffees, and then at night Evie's transforms into the "Iguana Bar" with nightly entertainment from rock bands to mariachis. Evie's is a short walk from the boat slip and mornings almost always consist of coffee with friends Tomas', Steve, Freddie, Pedro, James, Casey, Cash, Victor, and others who may stop by. If someone in the group need help for the day, they will get it from someone else in our group. If someone has exciting plans for the day, they can certainly expect company. All in all a great group and loads of fun.

Earlier this week James and Scott caught two very nice 10lb. plus yellowtail tuna during a fishing day on James boat. They same day delivered the tuna to Martin over at Evie's, and Martin had his chef prepare a nightly feast for all of us complete with one of my favorites, mashed potatoes. hahaha.. Mashed potatoes are not an item you find on a typical Mexican menu. Needless to say the "blanco vino" wine and tuna steaks were outstanding. The mashed potatoes, pasta salad, and additional food the chef prepared were also.

Yes, yes, I know, the boat work is also on schedule. I expect to have all the necessary work the surveyor indicated need to be completed finished prior to my planned departure here in June. Major work on the boat underside will be completed by the boat yard here in San Carlos over the summer. Right now plans call for travel back to Canada to finish up some business there before traveling back down to San Carlos in October.
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Ta Shing Mariner
Hailing Port: Lake Tahoe, NV
Crew: Capt. Gary P. Rogers
Extra:
Solace has been a journey to search out the final piece in life's puzzle. After many months of searching, now the puzzle becomes much clearer. Months and months of searching, testing, evaluating, learning, is finally concluded. These many months work have produced a faithful, dependable, [...]

Solace on the sea!

Who: Capt. Gary P. Rogers
Port: Lake Tahoe, NV