Solace

Solace on the sea!

22 September 2020 | In Southeast Asia
02 January 2019
14 September 2017
07 February 2014 | Thailand!
30 December 2012 | Thailand
22 September 2011 | Thailand!
28 April 2011 | Thailand
17 April 2011 | Sonora, Mexico
02 December 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
27 October 2010 | Bangkok, Thailand
12 October 2010 | Asia!
12 September 2010 | Sonora, California
02 May 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
26 March 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
01 March 2010 | Marina San Carlos, Mex
18 February 2010
15 January 2010 | 27° 56'N : 111° 03'W

Summer.. Canada, Asia!

12 September 2010 | Sonora, California
After arriving back in Sonora I talked to Micheal about my need to go up to Canada to take care of some old business. Michael suggested he is ready for a road trip so we planned a trip that might also be fun, while taking care of my business in Canada. Off we go... Amtrak from California to Portland, Oregon (just for the fun of trip as Michael had never traveled by train). Overnight trip, Amtrak arrived Portland early morning on time. Van ride out to the Portland airport and yes it was raining, but what a beautiful downtown area Portland has. The pride of local residents concerning their community is easy to see everywhere. Short wait at the airport after my getting the magic ticket number that allows you and your friend to get a free massage, courtesy airport TSA. Random numbering, and those that have a certain special number get everything taken apart including full body scans. Sorry Micheal.. owe you a bottle of wine on that one.

We had a flight out to Newark reserved, Continental Air, first time encountering the new baggage fees. Wow! Was that a shocker. Pay-up now or no fly option. Cash or credit card! Now! Many were sobbing as had not enough cash to pay the new fee and no credit card. The new fees had recently been put in place and Continental was leading the new fee grab. They'll get theirs in the long run. Reasonable fees can be excepted, excessive fees and you encounter utter defiance. Overnight flight across the country, sleep as you can in the sardine coach seat assigned. Better to not move at all as you will only encounter pain. Needless to say Continental was not on my short list for future travel planned to Asia.

Quick transfer in Newark to a small jet heading to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Cordial exit through immigration and fast easy car rental (as long as you don't mind the.. Fee this! Fee that!). Michael and I spent close to a week in Canada. Had fun times and my taking care of what business I had there. Michael enjoyed the fish and chips, Tim Horton's, and the hockey conversations we would overhear while eating on his first trip to Canada. But really, was an all around good time EH!. Could never have completed all the business things I needed to take care of without the help of this giving individual and valued friend.

Flight and train back same route we had taken out.
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Ta Shing Mariner
Hailing Port: Lake Tahoe, NV
Crew: Capt. Gary P. Rogers
Extra:
Solace has been a journey to search out the final piece in life's puzzle. After many months of searching, now the puzzle becomes much clearer. Months and months of searching, testing, evaluating, learning, is finally concluded. These many months work have produced a faithful, dependable, [...]

Solace on the sea!

Who: Capt. Gary P. Rogers
Port: Lake Tahoe, NV