Solace

Solace on the sea!

22 September 2020 | In Southeast Asia
02 January 2019
14 September 2017
07 February 2014 | Thailand!
30 December 2012 | Thailand
22 September 2011 | Thailand!
28 April 2011 | Thailand
17 April 2011 | Sonora, Mexico
02 December 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
27 October 2010 | Bangkok, Thailand
12 October 2010 | Asia!
12 September 2010 | Sonora, California
02 May 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
26 March 2010 | San Carlos, Mexico
01 March 2010 | Marina San Carlos, Mex
18 February 2010
15 January 2010 | 27° 56'N : 111° 03'W

Welcome to Thailand!

27 October 2010 | Bangkok, Thailand
Arrived in Bangkok after a three hour flight from Manilla to Bangkok on Cebu Pacific Airline, perhaps the most notoriously poor run airlines in all of Asia (was this the reason flight was not booked full?) First impressions are lasting and Bangkok has a good one. Multi story airport, absolutely modern and efficient. Through baggage claim, immigration, customs and security in approximately 15 minutes. Fresh new 30-day tourist visa in hand. I had met another traveler on-board the flight into Bangkok that was familiar with Thailand. He had given me a lead on a hotel here as I had no prior reservation. In fact, he wrote a personalized note which he gave me with a short message to the manager who was a personal friend, I'm guessing. Note basically said.. give my friend lodging. Turned out the hotel is one of the better known hotels in Bangkok for a different reason. I'll leave that for a different time. Hotel name was Nana Hotel. Google that and Nana Entertainment Plaza.. and you will have some idea of the attraction. My traveler friend was well intended I'm sure. As it ended up I spent the whole 30 day visa time at Nana. Perfect place to base out of, meet great interesting people world wide, and see all that Bangkok is noted for.

Time to get back to Mexico and Solace. Asia time was to short but I'll return back here when the Mexican summer comes. Flight out, 20 hour plus ride, Bangkok to Vegas. One week spent in Vegas, then one hour flight Vegas to Phoenix and taxi back over to Tufesa. Tufesa, 5 1/2 hour sleep ride to Guaymas. Uneventful trips and soon was back in San Carlos and the boating world.
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Ta Shing Mariner
Hailing Port: Lake Tahoe, NV
Crew: Capt. Gary P. Rogers
Extra:
Solace has been a journey to search out the final piece in life's puzzle. After many months of searching, now the puzzle becomes much clearer. Months and months of searching, testing, evaluating, learning, is finally concluded. These many months work have produced a faithful, dependable, [...]

Solace on the sea!

Who: Capt. Gary P. Rogers
Port: Lake Tahoe, NV