SV Songbird

Calne to Guildford

05 July 2013 | Guildford, England UK
Stu & Shar
After leaving Totnes we drove up to Calne to visit my cous Roger (Roge) and Lisa for a night. Roge and I took his Audi TT for a spin across to Lisas Vet practice. Lisa is a co-partner in quite a large Vet practice, which we were fortunate to have a tour of after hours. You dont realise the amount of work, equipment and effort that goes into running a practice of this size. It combines consulting rooms, operating theatre, laboratory (blood testing, etc), X-rays, recovery rooms and "Animal ward"....A hospital for multiple animals.
From Calne it was onwards to London via Reading, where we saw Cath for an all to brief, but lovely lunch on the Thames. I hope we can catch up with Cath and John later in the "Med".
On arriving in London we arrived at Andy and Jo's place for Maxs birthday. A game of Rugby was organised by Max and Ben - The Lions, against Andy and Stu - Australia.....we lost of course (and almost had a heart attack doing it).
The following day enabled us to do a quick tour of London (see photos) and catch up with a couple of friends from our stay in London over a decade ago, Lady Di for lunch in Soho and in the evening Danuta over in Ealing.
On the move again, on last leg down to Guildford to see Kim, Alex and Tara. It felt like "deja vu" when we pulled in the driveway, as this is where we were almost 13 years ago when we moved to the UK late in 1999. The main difference is that we remember Alex and Tara as young teenages, but both are now adults and we look up at them (both are very tall), time flies.
Saturday 6th 10:00am - Mad Panic...where can we watch the Rugby (Lions vs Australia - Final DECIDING test).....Guildford Rugby Club came up trumps, unfortunately we got flogged 41-16..this may have been lucky for us as when Australia scored their only try, we found out we were the only voices in the club yelling "Go you Wallabies"....120 stone faced supporters turned and stared at us (see photos). We accepted defeat gracefully...the Lions deserved to win they played brilliantly. I hope this spells the end of Robbie Deans coaching Australia.
Comments
Vessel Name: Songbird
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 40E
Hailing Port: Fremantle - Australia
Crew: Stuart & Sharanne

Songbird

Who: Stuart & Sharanne
Port: Fremantle - Australia