SV Songbird

Back in Hamble

07 July 2013 | Hamble, England UK
Stu & Shar
Now we are back in hamble, one of our first stops was our favourite coffee shop "The Blue Star", they serve decent coffee and delicious cream teas. We are still searching for bits and pieces and looking around the local area and a few extended tours further afield, the days pass quickly. We decided early in the piece not to worry about the delays and pace of Songbird going together and to relax and enjoy the holiday. The weather has been unreal, very few wet and grey days. Only one dummy spit so far, its obvious Dufour haven't got a very efficient pre-delivery process in place, they seriously need to sort their shit out on this point. We have had a number of wrong options sent with the yacht, the final straw was the wrong deck cushions. Not happy....Jason (our Australian agent soon sorted it out and a refund set back to us in a day). We had some new cushions made locally by TecSew and a cover for our outdoor table with 2 days, all sorted.
Doing a lot of walking and have bumped into some very interesting local history. Hamble was a aircraft assembly airfield for Spitfires during the second world war. The Air Transport Auxiliary a women only outfit, used to fly these aircraft to bases all over the UK. Several documentaries have been made about these pioneering women pilots in what was predominantly a male dominated industry.
Comments
Vessel Name: Songbird
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 40E
Hailing Port: Fremantle - Australia
Crew: Stuart & Sharanne

Songbird

Who: Stuart & Sharanne
Port: Fremantle - Australia