SV Songbird

Songbird Christened

28 July 2013 | Hamble, England UK
Stu & Shar
After what started out as a cold wet morning, we were worried that the christening could be a wash out....but.....the sun came out dried things up and warmed the day. So by 10:30 when everyone arrived it was a brilliant morning.
Without too much pomp and ceremony the ode to the "Sailors of the Sea" was recited...Songbird was christened with a splash of champagne, the christening party drank champagne with strawberries followed by scones, jam and cream......then headed of for lunch at the local pub.
To quote a friend "Adrian" What a bloody great day, what a bloody great day to go sailing.

Songbird was christened by her captain using the following ceremonial verse

Four thousands of years we have go to sea, we have crafted vessels to carry us and we have called them by name. These ships will nurture and care for us through perilous seas, so we affectionately call them She.
To the sailors of old......to Songbird
The moods of the sea are many, from tranquil to violent. We ask that this ship be given the strength to carry on, the keel is strong and she keeps out the pressures of the sea.
To the sea...to the sailors of the sea....to the sea...
Today we come to name the lady Songbird and send her to sea to be cared for and to care for all that sail in her.
We ask the sailors of old and the mood of God, that is the sea, to accept Songbird as her name, to help her through her passages and allow her to safely return with her crew.
To the sea....to the sailors before us .....to Songbird.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great day....and to those of you who travelled quite a distance across to Hamble to join us.....Stu & shar
Comments
Vessel Name: Songbird
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 40E
Hailing Port: Fremantle - Australia
Crew: Stuart & Sharanne

Songbird

Who: Stuart & Sharanne
Port: Fremantle - Australia