SV Songbird

Camarinas to Ria de Muros (Muros)

17 June 2014
Stu & Shar
Eventually after three days the wind abated and we set off for the first of the four 'Rias' that are the main geographical feature on this part of the coast...you could spend months exploring every nook and cranny, but we had about a week to have a look around and then push south for Lisbon. I have been having a bit of trouble with Raymarine wind and log instruments, they simply aren't reading right...I Did a factory reset when we left La Coruna which cleared a couple of issues I was having but the log is still giving inconsistent readings....need to get these looked at, I think the transducer is stuffed. .....we tried sailing but there wasn't enough wind and the sails started to flop and flog about, so on with the 'iron mainsail' and off we go..... I have been glad I opted for the larger 55hp engine a number of times, she purrs along nicely at around 2000rpm and gives us 7+kts in smooth water like today.....we rounded the dreaded Cape Finistere in dead calm conditions....can't see what the fuss is all about (just joking, we were lucky)....past the Ilates de Neixon (Islands) into Ria de Muros......we anchored off Muros in about 7m of water, so used most of our chain get a firm hold......we launched the dinghy and headed into town to restock provisions and find the obligatory coffee shop....yeh !!....you have to have some home comforts doing a tough passage like this....most of the 'Panderias' (pastry shops are good for a coffee, although a 'latte' draws a blank and is an unknown coffee blend in Spain as it was in France, the "café con leche" is not a bad substitute and the coffee has always been very good, haven't hit a bitter/ acrid one yet.
Comments
Vessel Name: Songbird
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 40E
Hailing Port: Fremantle - Australia
Crew: Stuart & Sharanne

Songbird

Who: Stuart & Sharanne
Port: Fremantle - Australia