Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

On the Pacific

20 July 2006 | Balboa Yacht Club
Cass
We made it throught the canal with a swiftness. Our line handler Tito who has been through the canal 230 times says he has NEVER been early...until us. The anchorage is great...a little rolly polly when huge freighters come in and out of the canal. We took loads of pictures and videos. I haven't quite uploaded them yet...as they say around her...manana. I have befriended 3 rather pleasant austrailians and we are all going to a red bull kite surfing promotion party this evening...i am so excited. The boys are having a great time at the yacht club watching a live performer...he gives you plastic water bottles full of rice to use as miraccas(sp?). The enthusiam is quite contagious. Everyone here is nice and the view is awesome...We are right next to "the bridge of americas"...it lights up at night and is quite impressive. We all went to the mall and stocked up on 1.99 clothing. Wayne said that the clothes arent worth washing...that he is going to have a disposable wardrobe from now on. There is a beautiful prominade next to the water with palm trees and landscaping...benches and brick sidewalks for almost 2 miles...I walked down to flamenco today just to see how far it was...going running first thing in the morning! If anyone wants to visit , now is the time. We have access to everything. I can't wait to start exploring the city and surrounding provinces. I love and miss you all...

the pic is of me dragging the boys to shore in the hollandaise keys...and they say i don't earn my keep...
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL