Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

39

03 July 2007
Cass
I have some explaining to do, huh? You know when I'm not writing that I'm doing, and doing I have done.

Mom showed up on the 19th of June as scheduled with bells on and bearing gifts. She was packing bags full of belated birthday presents, pumps, line to replace the spinnaker halyard, dvds, music, and gourmet dried fruits and nuts and peas and it was Christmas all over again. She looks fantastic and having her energy on board calms us all.

And now that my dad has another babysitter I have been afforded the opportunity to venture out a bit. Amy has been spending some time on Sora and wouldn't ya know? There are so many sailors here that are my age if not younger and we have almost met them all. Amazing. Some crew mega yachts and some have their own boats and some are on a mission for the perfect wave. Everyone is on their own time schedule, but will reunite if not in Figi in October then New Zealand in November. What fast bonds are made when no one knows if or when paths are going to collide again.

A bond I have been fortunate enough to properly build is one with Ian, captain of Afriki, who has shared many an anchorage with Sora. Just last week he flew to Easter Island leaving me with an amazing cat, some poopy weather, and a haven from the daily Sora routine. For four glorious days it was just Amy and me. Words nor actions can appropriately express how great it feels that he trusted me with Afriki and enjoyed himself immensely(the pictures are awe inspiring, to say the least). He has a new crew member, Albert, who is from Georgia, met Ian in Africa, but has been working in Pakistan. He is an intriguing fellow and I love to hear his stories. He just called on the VHF inviting us to a fish curry dinner. Yatzee!

Today is my parents 39th anniversary. Let that soak in for a minute. 39 years? Wow. He is taking her out for a lovely dinner at one of the swank cafes at the marina. Right after he finished fixing the generator, but before fixing the water pump.

Saturday we are doing a wee-regatta to Moorea 10 miles away. I have anonymously been entered into a kayak race in a 6 man outrigger canoe with three locals and three non-pros. I predict good times.

Gotta go make a salad.

Cheers to being back online
Cass

Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL