Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

Woke up on the Lake in Kinloch

28 January 2008
Cass
We drove out of $$$ Queenstown and have rested our heads at a remote lakeside lodge in Kinloch. This is a scenic area south of Glenorchy. The names are almost midieval, eh?

Last week my family picked me up in Barrytown. They were only gonna stay one day, and OOPS! and wound up staying for three. They were a pleasue...entertainment for the backpackers and locals alike.

On friday morning, after delicious coffee and a country brekky of chicken hearts and omlettes we
hit the road, next stop? Franz Joseph, a glacier boasting town full of cafes, hrlicopter trips, and skiing in the winter.

The next morning we hiked to Fox Glacier a few k down the road. We have seen a some other big ol' chunks of ice off in the distance since and have agreed that Glaciers are some of the most georgous natural occurances. All the rivers flowing down to the Tasman sea are tourquise or chalky grey. It's visually stunning.

Pops got to enjoy a glacially chilled beverage. Mandy and I went on a mission to sneak down the side of the road and get some ice for Terry's beer.

We've been pulling over on the side of the road and tramping about on short treks of an hour or less. It breaks up the car ride and keeps our blood flowing. We've seen some unique water falls, extreme lookouts, and blue pools connecting riverways, coastal walkways, and bushland areas.

Yesterday Mandy, Dad, and I took the skilift to the top of a mountain in Queenstown. The paragliders happen to be at a different local for the afternoon, but we are now on the lookout for other stations .

The Kreitzbergs are gonna fly!

I realized that once more, even though not in a sailing vessel, every km we drive south is the "southest" I have ever been in my life. Southern girl, I am to the core.

Cheers to doing it on land
Cass
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL