Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

Gladly Going to Gizo

22 June 2008
Cass
Remember that I had said we were going to Port Moresby, possibly with a stop off in the Louisades Isles? Well.now we are going to the Solomons, island of Gizo to be specific. How much fund does that sound? I've been teasing my par that he is the geezer going to Gizo. Remember the Gremlins? Gizmo.he has to know about Gizo. There have been many other silly alliterations, but we'll leave it at that.

We are about 20 miles out this morning at 9:30. The past week has been relatively painless. We've been seeing gusts up to 30 but it's all on the stern. We've been surfing as well seeing 13kn on the speedometer.We actually hit a 13.6 and I'm afraid that Simon may have matched my record of last April. I'll have to check the log book on that one.

We received word from the weather man that there was a BFH(Big Fat High) building over Australia and moving toward PNG. Seas were to get progressively bigger and more confused while winds were to get up to 40kn. We made the group decision to take a right and wait it out in the Solomans. We'll chill here for a few days then mosey on over to Port Moresby, hopefully, to re-provision before aiming for the Thursday Islands. We still have over a thousand miles to go before racing our final destination of Darwin. The Indonesia rally starts on the 28th but we are trying to get there as early as possible for a couple of reasons. One: Meep is flying in to join us on the 19th.yay!! Two: We have a broken water maker what needs attention. There are other boats there that we haven't seen in ages and I have a friend from Whangarei who's working there.so needless to say, I am a little excited.

I'll tell you, since leaving NZ we have caught more fish than that old guy whose on the fishing bridge every day next to Jesus(Pensacolians, you know what i'm talking about). We just got a pretty big strike. I'm going to go help 'em reel it in. Just kidding. I've been informed that the hook has straightened out and we lost him. Dern.

...One of the bigger waves we surfed the evening before we got into Gizo.
Red sky at night!

Cheers to yelling, "Fish on!"
Cass
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL